Tier 1 Investor Visa
The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa is designed for High Net/Ultra Net worth individuals who want to relocate themselves and their families to the UK by way of permitted investment.
Permanent Residence (ILR) can be obtained for Visa holders in 2, 3, or 5 years depending on the amount invested.
Citizenship is obtainable in 5-6 years.
- Be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- Minimum investment of £ 2,000, 000
- be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- have opened a UK bank account
- you don’t have to pass the English language test
- must have tuberculosis test if you come from a listed country
- must show travel history for the last 5 years along with criminal record check for the last 12 months up to 10 years
Your funds must be
- held in one or more accounts at a regulated financial institution
- free to be transferred (‘disposable’) or invested in the UK
- invest £2,000,000 or more in share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies • work or study
- apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £2 million
- enter with your family or they can join you later during the term of your visa
- invest in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management, or property development, however, you can invest in a company engaged in construction
- work as a professional sportsperson, sports coach, and dentist
- receive public funds
An investor visa (Tier 1) allows you to stay in the UK for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months.
You can apply to extend the visa for another 2 years or apply for accelerated settlement if
- You invest £10 million – eligible for settlement after 2 years
- You invest £5 million – eligible for settlement after 3 years
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. Priority Service may be available for entry clearance applications which should allow for a decision to be made within 10 – 15 days. Standard processing times for entry clearance applications is approximately 3 weeks and for applications submitted from within in the UK, the processing time is currently approximately 8 – 12 weeks
- UK Visa Fee: GBP 1623.00 per applicant
- IHS Health Surcharge: GBP 610 per year for applicants over 18 and GBP 470 per year for applicants under the age of 18