Fiancé Visa

Fiancé Visa

The fiancé (e) visa must be applied for outside the UK, prior to arriving in the UK. The visa will be granted for 6 months and you must marry within those 6 months.

Unfortunately, your fiancée’ will not be allowed to work in those initial 6 months and would have to wait until your marriage visa is granted.

Below are the qualifying criteria for the Visa:

  • You both intend to live together permanently
  • You have met each other before and you can prove that your relationship is genuine and subsisting
  • You can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
  • You have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
  • You and / or your spouse is not under 18, and
  • You (the British National) meets the new minimum income threshold of £18 600
  • You (the British National) has a job offer in the UK at the appropriate salary level to start within 3 months
  • You and any applicable dependants must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (this includes any court issued fines).
  • Your partner has English speaking and listening skills at Level A1 or above. (IELTS tests can be delayed depending on demand, please enquire if you need more information).

Once you are married in the UK, you may then apply for the Spousal visa, this can be applied from within the UK when switching from the Fiancé Visa.