EU Settlement Family Permit

EU Settlement Family Permit

Under the UK Immigration Policy for Non-European Family dependents of EEA nationals, Citizens who can show that they are married to an EU citizen may apply for a visa that will allow them to stay in Britain for an initial period of 6 months (first stage). This application can also be applied for as a long-term unmarried partner of an EU National or a dependent parent or child under the age of 21

During that initial period applicants work without restriction, employed or self – employed. We can then assist you with an additional application for a full 5-year EEA Residence Permit extension (second stage) only done within the UK.

To qualify, you must show that:

Post Brexit and as of June 2021 it is key that when applying the EU National, spouse, partner or parent holds valid EU Settled Status prior to applying for the Visa.

  • You are legally married to each other (recognized in the UK). If applying as an unmarried partner, we must include evidence of a minimum of 24 months of cohabitation
  • You intend to live together permanently in the UK
  • You have met each other before
  • You can support yourselves without any help from public funds
  • You have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you can live without any help from public funds
  • Your husband, or wife is not under 18.
  • You are not under 18